Arrayed diamond segment and the saw blade
1. The diamond cannot be naturally oriented and arranged in an orderly manner in the pre-alloyed powder, so the matrix powder must be cold pressed into a sheet-like thin blank, and then the diamonds are arranged on the thin blank in an orderly orientation. The number of layers of the thin blank in a segment is calculated according to the number of diamond layers designed (the number of layers of the thin blank = the number of diamond layers -1). The amount of powder used for each thin blank layer = total weight of the segment / number of thin blank layers.
2. Follow the diamond arrangement method designed by calculation and simulation, and use a small and medium power laser to make a regular six-sided hole in the copper template. The thickness of the selected copper plate is slightly larger than the average diameter of the diamond, about 0.5mm, and the size of the hole should be greater than 1 time the average diameter of the diamond and less than 2 times the average diameter to ensure that each hole can be separated One diamond but cannot hold two diamonds. In addition, the diamond single crystals that fall into the hole are aligned forward with a ratio of 75%, thereby realizing the directional distribution of the diamond single crystals.
3. Spray a thin layer of special pressure-sensitive adhesive on the thin matrix blank, then cover the punched red copper plate on the thin matrix blank, sprinkle the diamonds on the copper plate, and then sweep the diamonds into the holes to ensure that each hole a diamond in. Uncovering the copper plate, the diamonds form an orderly arrangement on the matrix.
4. Combine the multi-layer thin blanks with oriented and ordered diamonds together, and use a cold press to make the segment shape. In order to eliminate the sprayed pressure-sensitive adhesive, put the cold-pressed segment into the vacuum sintering furnace, place it at 400 degrees centigrade for about half an hour to fully volatilize the pressure-sensitive adhesive.
5. When sintering, vertical loading molds shall be used to stagger horizontally to ensure that the diamond particles are still arranged in an orderly manner after sintering..
6. Finally, dismantle the mold, grind the arc, weld, sharpen and trim.
The production process for arrayed segment diamond saw blades in each unit takes an average of more than 30 minutes longer than the production of ordinary diamond saw blades, plus the investment in supporting equipment, the addition of auxiliary facilities, and the demand for high-tech workers, resulting the development and production costs of arrayed diamond saw blades remain high, and the market benefit is still unclear, which is difficult to be generally accepted by the current Chinese stone tool industry. However, in the future, due to the increase in the cost of diamonds, there will be a place for the energy-saving, material-saving, and processing efficiency of orderly segments.