Current status of diamond tools in China
In mechanical processing, diamond grinding wheels, PCD tool cutters, honing stones, dressing rollers, wire drawing dies, etc. have been widely used; the performance of diamond polycrystalline wire drawing dies is better than natural diamond dies and cemented carbide dies, so it is used in the wire drawing industry Many, especially the emergence of CVD diamond wire drawing dies, provide reliable wire drawing tools for controlling wires below 15mm. PCD tools are mainly used for the processing of non-ferrous metals and non-metal materials. According to reports, the demand for PCD tools in industries such as automobiles, motorcycles, household appliances, wood processing and general machinery has increased year by year. Although the various diamond tools produced in my country have been widely used in various industries and have achieved significant economic benefits, there is still a certain gap in their technical level compared with similar foreign products, mainly in:
(1) The entire diamond tool industry lacks unified management and macro-control. Due to blind development, the entire diamond tool production layout is scattered and blooming everywhere. The tool sales market has unstable product quality, disorderly competition and chaotic prices.
(2) Due to the uncoordinated development of diamond single crystal production and diamond tool production, the development of diamond tools in China lags behind the growth rate of diamond single crystal production, resulting in diamond backlogs and slow sales, affecting and restricting the sustainable development of my country’s diamond industry. The economic benefits of diamond production enterprises have seriously declined.
(3) The application field of diamond tools is narrow, the product variety is single, the quality is unstable, and some product technical quality standards are chaotic, and there is no unified management norms and standards for product quality testing and supervision.
(4) The production equipment and overall technical level of diamond tools are relatively backward, and the popularization and application of some more advanced new technologies and processes is slow.
(5) The scale of production enterprises is generally small, production is not concentrated, process technology is poor, lack of market competitiveness, and economic benefits are not high.
(6) Insufficient capital investment in diamond tool production, new product development, process technology research, etc.
(7) During the use of diamond tools, the use rate of matrix materials is low, and the waste of steel is serious; there are more abnormal wear, shedding, and residual diamonds during use, which makes the actual utilization rate of diamonds lower and more diamond material waste.