Current status of diamond tools
The products have been serialized and standardized, with complete varieties and specifications, and stable product quality. Some products have certain competitiveness in the international market. The vast majority of diamond single crystals are used to make various types of diamond tools.
The diamond sawing tools produced in our country have complete varieties and specifications and stable quality. According to statistics, in recent years, diamond drilling tools can basically meet market demand; with the development of the construction industry and the popularization of household air conditioners, they are used for pipeline installation, air conditioning machine installation and old building renovation, and the demand for diamond thin-wall engineering drill bits for construction The quantity is also increasing, and the demand for PDC drill bits used for petroleum and coal exploration has also increased correspondingly. The quality of diamond composites produced in China is not good enough. Further research and improvement are needed to continuously improve product quality and change the current PDC.
In terms of stone processing, China's core processing products such as diamond segments, saw blades, and wire saws are becoming more and more mature. Especially for segment, after more than 20 years of development, a large number of diamond segment manufacturers in China have risen. Such as Wanlong, Zhongzhi, Linxing and other brands has greatly improved the technical level of the entire diamond tool industry. In terms of wire saws, it is currently in the process of catching up, but some manufacturers already have a certain degree of popularity in the world.
(1) The entire diamond tool industry lacks unified management and macro-control. Due to blind development, the entire diamond tool production layout is scattered and blooming everywhere. The tool sales market has unstable product quality, disorderly competition and chaotic prices.
(2) Due to the uncoordinated development of diamond single crystal production and diamond tool production, the development of diamond tools in China lags behind the growth rate of diamond single crystal production, resulting in diamond backlogs and slow sales, affecting and restricting the sustainable development of China’s diamond industry. The economic benefits of diamond production enterprises have seriously declined.
(3) The application field of diamond tools is narrow, the product variety is single, the quality is unstable, and some product technical quality standards are chaotic, and there is no unified management norms and standards for product quality testing and supervision.
(4) The production equipment and overall technical level of diamond tools are relatively backward, and the promotion and application of some more advanced new technologies and new processes is slow.
(5) The scale of production enterprises is generally small, production is not concentrated, process technology is poor, lack of market competitiveness, and economic benefits are not high.
(6) Insufficient capital investment in diamond tool production, new product development, process technology research, etc.
(7) During the use of diamond tools, the use rate of matrix materials is low, and the waste of steel is serious; there are more diamonds that are abnormally worn, dropped, and left during use, which makes the actual utilization rate of diamonds lower and wastes more diamond materials.